Our mission is to provide strategic, integrated, reliable, and secure technology solutions in alignment with, and in support of, the division and its strategic goals.
- Keith Medlin, Director
- Department Organizational Chart
- service desk operations to all faculty and staff in the Division of Academic and Student Affairs.
- classroom technology support for DASA-owned classrooms.
- device deployment, troubleshooting, and repair.
- service and systems administration across all departments including enterprise systems for Housing (StarRez), Advising (GPS), Wellness & Recreation (Fusion), Counseling (Titanium) and Student Health Services (Medicat) to name a few.
- database administration and coordination of data feeds originating in university-wide human resources and student information systems.
- close coordination with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) on software and hardware compliance as well as core infrastructure services including physical security, telephony and data connectivity.
- technology purchasing for both hardware and software ensuring university standards compliance where appropriate.
- custom web application development and technical website administration.
- security compliance and auditing to ensure faculty and staff have access to appropriate university systems in accordance with university and UNC system policies.
- Our service desk receives an average of 6,936 support requests each year.
- DASA Technology received an average customer service rating of 4.74 out of 5 last year reflecting the overall support for our services and staff.
- We provide support for 2,006 computing devices (828 desktops, 994 laptops, and 184 tablets) in the hands of the over 700 employees across the division.
- This includes support for 187 computers in 10 computer lab settings.
- We support 36 conference room configurations both in conference rooms and in offices.
- We serve as the primary system administration team for 20 servers.
- Beginning in January 2021, we will take over as the primary support for 20 classroom spaces in six buildings.
- We coordinate, support, and manage seven data feeds that originate in the university HR and Student Information System to provision division applications.
New Initiatives for 2020-21
- We are implementing recommendations developed during an internal strategic planning process we called “Areas of Focus” to improve service delivery through five themes which include:
- Students First, Empowering Users, Structured For Success, Support Pathways, Transformative vs. Transactional
- We identified the need for a project management role within the department given the number and complexity of projects we support. This has led to the creation of a formalized project lifecycle management process.
- Our Service Desk Analysts will take over as the primary support for 20 classroom spaces in six buildings beginning in January, 2021.