Dr. Leslie Dare is Director of DASA Technology Services for the Division of Academic & Student Affairs at NC State University, a position she has held since 2001. In this role, she is responsible for strategic and tactical planning, IT policy development, and overall administration of the technology infrastructure, enterprise and departmental information systems for all units and programs within the division.
She has conducted research in the areas of technology, distance education, and sexual harassment. She is a regular presenter at national and regional conferences, and her work has appeared in scholarly and practitioner publications.
Previously, Leslie served in the Office for Equal Opportunity (now the Office of Institutional Equity & Diversity) from 1993 through 2001, as the university’s first Sexual Harassment Prevention Officer, with responsibility for harassment and discrimination programs for all protected classes.
Leslie earned a bachelor’s degree from Marshall University in 1987. After two years in the banking industry, Leslie earned a master’s degree from NC State University in counselor education, with a concentration in student development, while serving as an Assistant Area Director for University Housing from 1989 to 1993. Her doctorate was earned at NC State University in 1999 in higher education administration.
- Contact Information
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sample Presentations, Interviews, and Other Publications
- It’s Just Supposed to Work, Right? (2019 NASPA)
- Building Your Band – The Bluegrass Model of Group Dynamics (2017 UNC CAUSE)
- Embracing Technology Throughout the Profession (2017 Annual Knowledge Community Conference Publication)
- Creating Connections for Student Success (Campus Technology, June 2013)
- NC State Masters Mobile Campus Apps with Guidebook EDU (YouTube Video by Guidebook)
- SA Tech Woman to Highlight: Leslie Dare (Interview for Student Affairs Women Talk Tech)
- Intersection of Student Affairs Communication & Technology (BreakDrink Podcast)
- Technology, Student Affairs & Graduate Programs (HigherEd.com Webcast)
- Location, Location, Location (BreakDrink Podcast)
- Keeping Pace with the Net Generation: A Student Affairs Perspective (EDUCAUSE Podcast)
- Managing IT In Student Affairs Organizations (Student Affairs Leadership Council of the Education Advisory Board)
- A Dozen Geeky Things (Student Affairs On-Line, 2007)
- Technology in Student Affairs: Seeking Knowledge, Craving Community (Student Affairs On-Line, 2006)
- Ten Technologies to Watch and Learn (Student Affairs On-Line, 2005)
- Student Success GPS
- Website Administration
Strategic Lead – learn more
- Academic Support Program for Student Athletes
- College Advising Corps
- DASA Development
- DASA Marketing & Communications
- DASA Office of the Vice Chancellor & Dean
- Office of Assessment
- Office of Undergraduate Courses and Curricula & University Academic Standards
- THINK Program
- Undergraduate Research